Subclass (500) Student Visa 

If you intend to study in Australia, you will need to apply for a Student Visa. This Visa Allows you to stay in Australia to study full-time in a recognised education institution.

You can apply for the following type of study on this Visa.

  1. English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Student (ELICOS)
  2. School-primary or secondary
  3. Vocational education and training (VET) courses - a registered VET courses or a registered course for the award of an advanced diploma.
  4. Higher education courses - a bachelor or associate degree, a graduate certificate or graduate diploma, a masters degree by coursework or a higher education diploma or advanced diploma.
  5. Post graduate research degrees - a masters degree by research or a doctoral degree.
  6. Non-award courses - non-award foundation studies, courses or components of a course that do not lead to an award.
  7. Student Sponsored by the Department of Foreign Affairs or Trade of the Department of Defence.

You must have the following;

  • Applied for and have been accepted to study full-time in a recognised education institution.
  • Organised appropriate welfare arrangements for the duration of your intended stay in Australia if you are under the age of 18 years old.
  • Meet the Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) Requirements.

The Universal Education Team are able to assist you with deciding on the right course, and the right school for your. We can also help you sort out course packages if you wish to study more than one course.

Let our knowledgeable Education Agent Counsellor help you reach your true potential!

English Language Test Score Requirements*

* The test must have been taken no more than two years before you apply for your student visa.

Subclass 590 Student Guardian Visa

This visa will allow you to stay in Australia as a Guardian of an International student ages 18years and younger who are currently holding a Student Visa.


The Student Guardian must:

  • be able to provide food, accommodation, and other support to the student unless you are applying with the support of a government of your home country.
  • Not bring any family members under the age of 6 years unless under circumstance.
  • Be a parent or the person who has legal custody of the student, or must be a relative 21 years and older who has been nominated by the parent or person who has legal custody.

You must hold a current Substantive Temporary Visa* if you are applying in Australia with the exclusion of the following;

  1. Temporary Work (International Relations) Visa Subclass 403 under the Domestic Worker (Diplomatic or consular) Stream.
  2. Transit Visa (Subclass 771).
  3. Domestic Worker (Temporary)(Subclass 426) Diplomatic or Consular Visa.
  4. Visitor Visa (Subclass 600) in the 'Sponsored Family' stream or in the 'Approved Destination Status stream.
  5. Main Visa Applicant of Diplomatic (Temporary) Visa (Subclass 995).

*Any visa that is not a bridging visa, criminal Justice or enforcement visa.

Children Under 6 years old

You can bring children 6 years old and under if:

  1. There are compelling and compassionate reasons to do so OR;
  2. The Grant of the Visa would significantly benefit the relationship between the Australian government and the government of another country.

Children over six years of age can come to Australia with you but they will have to apply for their own student Visa.

Subclass 407 Training Visa

The Training Visa (subclass 407) is a temporary short stay visa for applicants who are seeing professional development of occupational training in Australia. This visa allows people to undertake training in Australia to

  1. Help meet the occupation registration or licencing requirements
  2. Enhance occupational skills

This visa is usually valid for 2 years stay in Australia. This visa is also subject to condition 8102 where the applicant is not allowed to work except from the training specified in the visa application. 

If you are Australia at the time of Visa Grant, this visa lets you remain in Australia during the granted stay period.

If you are outside of Australia at the time of the Visa Grant, this visa will allow you to travel to Australia and remain in Australia during the granted length of stay for your training.


The applicant must:

  • be over 18 years of age
  • Have functional English
  • Have access to sufficient funds to support their stay in Australia
  • be a genuine applicant and only intend to stay temporarily in Australia for this purpose
  • be sponsored by an approved Temporary Activities Sponsor and/or nominated by your employer

Get your

FREE Visa Consultation

with us Today!


© Copyright Universal Migration