Parent Visa


Contributory Parent Visa

The contributory Parent Visa (subclass 143) lets parents live permanently in Australia if they have a child who is an Australian Citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen who is settled in Australia.

Most applicants need to be sponsored by their child. The sponsor needs to have lived lawfully in Australia for at least two years before the Application is lodged.

You can lodge an application for this visa in or outside Australia. If you are on Australia, you can apply only if your temporary visa allows you to apply for another visa while you are in Australia.

Your Sponsor must ensure that:

  1. they will support you financially
  2. you don't need any government assistance
  3. they have sufficient funds to support you and themselves
Sponsored Parent (Temporary) Visa

The Sponsored Parent (Temporary) visa (subclass 870) lets a parent of an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or eligible New Zealand citizen visit Australia for up to 3 or 5 years. This visa does not lead to permanent residence.

Compared to other Parent visas, the balance of Family test is not a requirement for this visa. 


you must:

  • be sponsored by your biological, step-, or adoptive child who is settled in Australia.
  • have an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or eligible New Zealand citizen. 
  • have access to funds during your stay.
  • be outside of Australia to lodge the application

Get your

FREE Visa Consultation

with us Today!

© Copyright Universal Migration